Monday, July 8, 2013

I'm Back! Did You Miss Me?


 
Not only am I back to MYFWBS, I am back home from a well needed mini-vacation. The past several days, I have been in Philadelphia celebrating the birth of this great country, The United States of America.

I never intended to abandon my blog (or my readers). Things just got a little crazy around here, and finding the time and opportunity to write became extremely difficult. I never considered my blog to be a priority. This was just something for me to do that I enjoyed. I did it for myself. If no one had ever stumbled across this microscopic piece of the Internet, it would have been just fine. This little blog was no more than an online diary of sorts. It gave me someplace to store memories. It gave me a place to voice my opinions. It also gave me a place to meet wonderful people.

I think it is time that I make this blog a priority.

After being on Blogger for only three months, someone (other than my friends) commented on my blog for the first time! His name is Ron, and he writes a wonderful little blog called “Vent”. Over the next year and a half, we connected via the blogosphere. I would never have imagined friendships forming from blogging. I certainly would never have thought I would be meeting a blogging buddy in real life.

This year, I arranged a vacation with my husband to Philadelphia for the 4th of July weekend. What better place to spend Independence Day than at America’s place of birth? I knew that Ron lived in Philadelphia, so I emailed him to see if I could talk him into lunch somewhere. To my delight, he accepted.

On July 5, Ron met my husband and me at Philadelphia’s beautiful City Hall Courtyard. I can’t tell you how excited I was to finally meet my favorite blogger!

For the next nine hours, Ron showed us around. We walked what I swear was the entire city! He showed us the Reading Terminal Market, the historic area, some of the residential neighborhoods, Society Hill, and even took us through some fabulous stores! He proved an amazing tour guide!

My friend, Ron, is just as I imagined him to be from his blog. He has so much life inside of him! This man is overflowing with charm, magnetism, presence, energy, and has so much love to offer. I can’t tell you how much we enjoyed being around him!
 
 
I will be posting photos of our trip in my next blog. In the meantime, If you want a real treat, go see my friend at www.triloquist.net. You won’t be disappointed!
Ron, thank you for such a wonderful time, and for encouraging me to get back in the saddle again!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this is like TOO weird because I just finished eating my lunch and guess what I had for dessert? Yup...one of your faaaaabulous homemade peppermint patties!!!! I'm trying to savor them to make them last longer - HA!

    Honestly girl, it was BEYOND great to finally meet you and Stump. I had a BLAST!!!!!!!!

    I was thinking of you yesterday, wondering what time you got home. Probable around 6'ish? Hope you had a smooth trip.

    And thank you...thank you for your sweet and kind words. Ditto back to you!

    And I look forward to more blog posts!

    Glad you're back blogging!

    ((((((( You )))))))

    X to you and Stump!

    P.S. and thanks for sending those two photos!

    ReplyDelete