Friday, April 13, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Weekend - Part IV

We left O'Keefes hours after we arrived. Our lunch had worn off and we knew we needed something to snack on before we set in for the "heavy" St. Patrick's Day drinking.  We headed over to Creek Ratz in Murrell's Inlet.
Creek Ratz is a nautically themed restaurant located right next to the Inlet. There is a marsh walk to enjoy and docking available for boats. There is both indoor and outdoor seating, both of which have a breathtaking view of the inlet. We chose to sit outside.

Sage and Stump look over the wonderful menu

A view of the Marsh Walk and the inlet from our seats

Stump settled in

Our seats were also located front row to a marvelously talented jazz singer. He was upbeat, happy, and so much fun to interact with. He played a lot of the old lounge music, sang several Frank Sinatra songs, and Nailed my favorite of all, "Your Song" by Elton John.

I got his name at the time, and I feel terrible that I have lost it. If you guys know him, please let me know!

The wind got up a few times and Sage was recruited to hold the music and flip the pages.

We stayed at Creek Ratz for HOURS and had the greatest time! The food was off the charts and the entertainment was amazing!

We left Creek Ratz and headed to Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach for their St. Patrick's Day celebration. They close off several blocks and erect an ENORMOUS stage. Vendors sell green beer by the cup as well as green tee shirts, hats, and other party paraphernalia.

I snapped a couple of "hail Mary" pictures near Peach's Corner as we moved along like cattle down Ocean Boulevard.

Patrons enjoying the St. Patrick's Day festivities

We continue walking North on Ocean Boulevard

Just a couple of blocks up from the crowd, we stopped in at another old favorite, The Beach House. We sat on the patio overlooking the Ocean Boulevard traffic. It is so much fun to sit with friends, have a few drinks, and look at all the AMAZING cars that cruise the boulevard. Bonus: There was a car show going on the same day... and we got to look at bunches of muscle cars and never had to take a step to see them.

Sage is showing himself a little intoxicated at this point

Stump is having a pretty good time too.

When I snapped these last two photos, Sage excused himself to take a phone call. I blogged the story about that call HERE a few weeks ago. This is the point that we made our way back down to our room. The party was officially over.

We had such a great time while we were there, and it saddens me, not THAT we had to stop the party, but WHY we had to stop the party.

*Update: Sage is doing well, has gotten over the shock of the fire, and is staying with Stump and me for a few more weeks until his new place is ready.

I want to thank everyone who donated items, money, and those who kept Sage in your thoughts and prayers. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends.

Have a marvelous weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment