Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Fever

We have had some really beautiful weather here in Virginia for the past several days. The forecast is showing highs at or near 80 for the next ten days. 

How have I been spending my time?

I went to Lowe's on Sunday and picked up a few things!


Then I took home my finds and put them together!
 

I am starting a small herb garden on my deck. As these plants get too large for the containers, I will transfer them. Being up on the rails of our deck like this is an easy way for me to garden without having to bend down with a herniated disk.

I have planted leeks, rosemary, chives, parsley, cilantro, and oregano. I can't wait to get these beautiful, fragrant herbs into my dinners!

I plan on putting some tomato and green bell pepper plants on the deck as well as a few more herbs.

I'm so glad the weather has begun to change!


2 comments:

  1. Hasn't the weather been unusually warm for this time of the year?

    Yesterday, I had to take a train trip out to northern New Jersey for a work training, and I was actually sweating it was so warm.

    Great to hear about your herb garden! A dear friend of mine in Florida had a beautiful herb garden in her back yard, and was so cool to just go outside and pluck a few sprigs of rosemary, and use it for cooking!

    The only herb I've ever been able to grow was lavender.

    "I have planted leeks, rosemary, chives, parsley, cilantro, and oregano. I can't wait to get these beautiful, fragrant herbs into my dinners!"

    Oooooo....that's sounds AWESOME!

    Have a FAB day, girl. And enjoy this beautiful weather!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ron!

    The weather has been crazy warm for this early! I'm not complaining though. I'm cold natured and HATE when it gets under 60 degrees!

    I just can't wait until I can walk out the door and pick those beautiful herbs at a whim. You know exactly what I'm talking about!

    Have a great day!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete