Friday, March 2, 2012

A Recipe for the Weekend

Happy Friday, friends!

Lately, I have been posting TONS of pictures of food on my Facebook page. This is the food that I am using for the Cook Book that I mentioned in an earlier post. I am making a different dish most every night, noting the ingredients and prep instructions, and photographing the finished dish for the book.

I have gotten many emails asking for the recipe for this one dish, so I thought I would post it on the blog.

This one is definately going into my book! I swear I could have drank the sauce by itself!

Stump gave this one the two thumbs up (while nodding his head with a mouth full of food). This says quite a bit. He isn't easily impressed.

CREOLE SHRIMP

(My own photo!!!)

Ingredients

½ lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined

1 ½ cups water

1 can stewed tomatoes

1/3 cup tomato sauce

1 clove garlic, minced

1 onion, chopped

1 green pepper, chopped

3 Tbs bacon grease

3 Tbs flour

2 Tbsp chilli powder

2 Tbs fresh chopped parsley, divided

1 tsp coarse salt

¼ tsp ground black pepper

¼ tsp cyan pepper

Directions
In large pot, heat bacon grease on medium heat. Add in flour and whisk until brown.

Pour in water, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, onion, green pepper, chilli powder, salt, pepper, and ½ of parsley. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in shrimp. Let stand until shrimp is pink. Serve over rice (I used Zaterains Dirty Rice Mix but didn't add the hamburger).

This recipe isn't as hard as it sounds. Really. I promise.


If you try this, PLEASE let me know what you thought!

1 comment:

  1. Not only does this recipe sound utterly delish, but your presentation in your photo makes it look and taste out of this world!

    *two thumbs up*

    You GO, girl!

    Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe!

    Wishing you and Stump a terrific weekend!

    X

    ReplyDelete