Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's All Fun and Games Until...


Stump, Sage, and I headed down to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for St. Patrick's Day weekend. What started off as a great time with friends ended with horrible news for Sage.

On Saturday night, while we partied at The Beach House on Ocean Boulevard, Sage received a phone call.

His home was on fire.

No one was hurt; his mother wasn't there at the time, and their dog wasn't inside the house.

The fire began around 9:30 on Saturday night. After it was put out, the house reignited around 3:45 A.M.

They lost everything.

Sage is staying with Stump and me until they have a permenant place.

I am asking that you all send your prayers and positive energy to Sage and his mom.

While we did have a lot of fun and laughter on the trip, I thought I should post this before I post any of the other photos from the trip.

4 comments:

  1. Thank God that no one was hurt, but it's still devastating to lose everything.

    I can't imagine.

    Yes, dear friend, you best be sure that I will send LOTS of prayers and positive energy to Sage and his mom.

    ((((( Sage and Mom ))))))

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, I'm so thankful that no one was hurt. Material things can be replaced. The people we love can't.

    I suppose we are all going through our tragedies this month, no?

    (((Huggs)))to you darlin'

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!

    Just wanted to stop by and see how everything is going with Sage and his mom.

    Hope all is well.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Ron!

    I realize I have been MIA this week. It seems that nothing has slowed down at all.

    Sage moved in with Stump and me for the time being. He is doing well and, although still bummed about losing everything, is taking things better than I think I could have.

    There are still reports to be filed, insurance to sort out, and then a new place to live will need to be built or bought (doublewide or modular). I anticipate him staying for a couple of months, minimum. It's all good though; he's my bestie... and I take great care of my friends! Anything he needs I am more than willing to provide.

    I'm hoping things will slow down a tad this coming week so that I can get the remainder of our trip posted.

    So great to hear from you!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete