Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our Lives Are Short, Our Course Uncharted

When I left you guys last on the first of February, I had  left with the hopes that I would be able to blog a little more regularly. As you can see, it has now been eleven days since my last post. It seems that "busy" never stopped. What a crazy two weeks it has been! There have been many ups as well as downs. Please allow me to share the first "down" of the last several days.

Back in April, I posted "Meet My Boss".  The furry rabbit in the parking lot was my boss, Jeff, in better times.

This man was a true mentor to me. He pushed me, challenged me, lifted me up, and even looked out for my health and well being. He treated me as a father would treat a daughter.


Jeff had been having some medical problems of his own since just before Christmas. He had taken some time off of work, but had come back full force in January. He went for a checkup and was re-admitted to the hospital on January 27. On January 28th, I found out that Jeff had a limited time left.

After posting my last blog post on February 1st, I told my husband, Stump, that I really wanted to go see Jeff. I told him that I would go the next day after work.

"If you want to see him, you need to go now", he said. "Go on and see him. You don't have anything else to do tonight and you will feel better."

I took his advice, changed clothes, and drove to the hospital.

I saw Jeff and I visited with his wife and his daughter in Jeff's small private room in CCU. I offered my support and shared with them how much Jeff had impacted my life.

I came back home that evening, happy that I had gone to see him and knowing that visit would likely be the last. He had been given one week, two weeks maximum, to live.

The next morning at around 6:30 A.M., Jeff passed away.

I am so glad that Stump practically pushed me out the door the night before to go to the hospital. Because of him, I was able to see Jeff one last time. Had I waited until after work the next day, it would have been too late.


I beg each and every one of my readers, PLEASE don't ever hesitate. Don't ever procrastinate. Do not ever for one minute assume that you will be given another opportunity to do what you have the opportunity to do right now. Those opportunities could be the only ones you are given.

Our lives are short, our course uncharted. We never know what lies ahead of us.

I am closing this post with Jeff's obituary. You can find it HERE


Jeffery L. Moore

DANVILLE, VA: Jeffery L. Moore, 63 of Danville , VA, formerly of Zanesville died peacefully in his sleep with his wife and daughter by his side at 6:26 AM Thursday, February 02, 2012 at Danville Regional Medical Center Danville VA Following a short battle with cancer.

He was born October 16, 1948 in Maineville OH the son of Kenneth and Crystal (Swigert) Moore.

Jeff graduated from Little Miami High School & the University of Cincinnati. He supervised the engineering department at The Swedwood Group in Danville VA, an industrial group within the IKEA Group of companies. Jeff was the plant manager at UTA Mexico for 12 years and prior to that had worked 18 years in the engineering department at UTA / Essex Wire in Zanesville. He also had been employed for 4years as plant manager at HP Pelzer Automotive Systems in Kansas.

Jeff was also a 7th Degree Black Belt Grand Master and founder of the Coszacks School of Self-Defense in Zanesville. He founded the club in 1970 and has taught thousands of students over the years and was directly responsibly for the promotions of 37 Black Belts. Grand Master Moore not only taught classes at the Coszacks Dojo but also taught martial arts class at Ohio University of Zanesville and conducted numerous classes, demonstrations and specialty seminars for women, children and law enforcement officers all over the Zanesville Area.

He enjoyed his martial arts training, reading and spending time with his family.

He is survived by his wife of 40 years Karen (Larrison) Moore; a daughter Cyanne M. (Aaron) Huffman of Zanesville; three grandchildren, Randy A Wolff, Jeffrey A Wolff and Terris I Howard; two great grandchildren all of Zanesviile; several nieces and nephews; three brothers, Stanley R. Swigert of Maineville, Douglas R, Moore of Mason Ohio and Randy A. Moore of Westchester.

In addition to his parents, Jeff was Preceded in death by a brother Edward W Moore.

Visitation will be held on Tuesday February 7th from 2-4 & 6-8pm at the Hillis & Hardwick Funeral Home, 935 Forest Ave. where the Celebration of Life Service will be conducted at 11:00 AM on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 with family friend Jeff Hardwick as celebrant. All martial arts students attending the services are encouraged to wear their uniforms. Burial will conclude in the Zanesville Memorial Park Cemetery in Zanesville OH.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl!

    So glad to see that you had posted today, but also so saddened to hear about the lost of your dear friend. I actually got very emotional while reading this post.

    You are soooooooooooo right....

    "I beg each and every one of my readers, PLEASE don't ever hesitate. Don't ever procrastinate. Do not ever for one minute assume that you will be given another opportunity to do what you have the opportunity to do right now. Those opportunities could be the only ones you are given."

    And I am so glad Stump advised you to go to the hospital that night, so you were able to see Jeff before he passed. A blessing for both of you.

    "Our lives are short, our course uncharted. We never know what lies ahead of us."

    Amen.

    Sending ya BIG hug.....

    ((((( You ))))))

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Ron!

    I can't tell you how happy I am that Stump practically threw me out of the house that night. I did almost miss saying goodbye to someone who really made an impact on me.

    Stump really thought a lot of Jeff too. We had been out for drinks a few times and they really hit it off well.

    I am really going to miss him.

    (((Huggs))) back to you darlin'.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete