Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cooking With MYFWBS

Over the last month, you have noticed my blogging has been lax to say the least. "I've been busy" has been an ongoing excuse. I have shared with you a few of the things that I have been busy doing, but one thing that I haven't shared yet has been fun, although time consuming.

I am writing a cook book!

I don't know that this will ever be published. I honestly don't care if it sells ten copies, a million, or none at all. My cook book is just for me and a few of my friends.

So far, I have about thirteen recipes in the draft. These are recipes that I am working my way through, one at a time. Over the last three weeks, I have been doing some really intense (for me) cooking. Every dinner that I prepare has been something new from which I have taken a basic recipe and added my own twists and turns. I am also taking pictures of the finished product as my creations emerge from the oven. Nothing makes it into the cook book without thumbs up from the husband and whatever friend (normally Sage) is there to sample the results.

Some of the recipes that are in the book include my Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, Buttercup Squash with Apples and Cinnamon, my own pizza crust and pizza sauce, a delicious spicy mayonnaise, and my take on Stuffed Bell Peppers.


There are several more recipes that I am including in this book. All of them are mine, and all of them will be prepared and photographed by me before being added.

This is just one more way for me to get organized. I have dozens and dozens of recipes written on index cards and on slips of notebook paper laying here and there. Some of the recipes are only in my head. By making my own cook book, this will clear up the clutter and give me something else in which I can take pride.

I don't know how many recipes will end up in this book. I am just going to add until I feel that all of my greatest meals are logged. When I feel the book is "finished", I will take it to a print shop and have it copied and bound, probably in a spiral or comb binding. I will also have a few copies made and bound for my friends who have already requested a copy.

Does anyone know a good publisher? (Yes, I'm joking... )

2 comments:

  1. I think it's AWESOME that you're writing a cook book!!!!!!!

    And being someone who cannot cook, I will be your first customer when you publish it!

    "the book include my Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, Buttercup Squash with Apples and Cinnamon, my own pizza crust and pizza sauce, a delicious spicy mayonnaise, and my take on Stuffed Bell Peppers."

    Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!

    Hey listen, have you ever heard of Lulu.com? It's a self-publishing online company that allows you to publish both paper books AND E-books. Check it out because I know several bloggers who have used this service.

    Have a faaaaaaaaaabulous day, girl!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, you won't be a "customer". You will get a copy mailed out to you the second I pick them up! I simply adore you!

    I'm going to check out Lulu.com. That sounds really cool. Especially the option to publish e-books! Thanks for the heads up!

    Hope your day is going swimmingly!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete