Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Advanced Tickets: Not Such a Bad Idea

I posted last Friday about the SoVA Wine Festival in Chatham, Virginia. It was their first, and they promised twelve local wineries and bands. Bear and I decided that we would go, so he came to my house and pick me up just a little after 12:00.

The weather was beautiful! It was bright and sunny, and in the low 70's. The venue is only a few miles North of my house, so we were in great shape and looked forward to an outing. Cabin fever had set in months ago and this spring-like day was exactly what we needed. We were happy as clams.

Until we arrived.

We parked in an almost full parking lot and made our way to the front entrance where there were several people sitting outside.

"I'm sorry, we have sold out", said a woman, as we drew closer to the admission table.

Our hearts sank.

I should have gone ahead  and bought the advanced tickets, but I am one of those people who doesn't like to commit to anything recreational. I mean, I am committed to go to work every day.  I am committed to doctor and dentist appointments that I make. Recreation and fun should NEVER require a commitment, right?

I know better now.

Bear and I did manage to salvage a great day. We went to Kickback Jack's for lunch and a few drinks and enjoyed each other's company. We then headed to Sam's club to pick up a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake sampler. After that we stopped in The Gingerbread House and picked up a pound of gourmet coffee and a pineapple jalapeno cheese ball (delish).

We then made our way back to my place where we were met by Sage. We enjoyed our snacks and desserts and watched a couple of movies. Great time!

The day wasn't a total bust, but I now know.

Advanced tickets are not such a bad idea.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, shucks....so sorry to hear about this girl, because I know how anxious you and Stump were to go to this event :(

    But I'm EXACTLY like you....

    "I am one of those people who doesn't like to commit to anything recreational. I mean, I am committed to go to work every day. I am committed to doctor and dentist appointments that I make. Recreation and fun should NEVER require a commitment, right?"

    Ditto! In fact, I've been really wanting to go to Ground Zero in NYC, but they require that you purchase tickets in advance to enter, which is why I haven't gone yet.

    I'm so proud of you and Stump for turning this around in spite of your disappointment and enjoyed your day anyway.

    Hope you had a FAB Tuesday!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ron!

    I'm not sure if you can consider us commitment phobes? I just hate having to commit to fun. Sorta takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?

    I had no idea you had to buy advanced tickets for Ground Zero! I guess when I do go to NYC that is one thing I will be skipping.

    Thanks for popping in! Have a marvi day!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete