Monday, January 16, 2012

Myrtle Beach for New Year's Weekend!

I first want to apologize for being away for so long. I honestly had no intention of taking a blog break, but work has been hectic. A new assignment has forced me to stare at an Excel spreadsheet all day long, and frankly the last thing that I have wanted to do in my spare time is sit in front of a computer.

But, here I am, and here are some of the photos that I took during New Year's weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC.

We arrived fairly late at the beach, around 8ish I believe. We stopped in for a bite at one of our favorite places in Surfside, Sundown Restaurant and Sports Pub. 

(Stump, a bit tired from the trip, wears his "quit blowing shit up" tee shirt)

(I had the grilled chicken sandwich with fries... and a beer (or three)

(We stopped in Suck Bang Blow in Murrell's Inlet for a few)

(The empty picnic tables outside of the bar are usually full during the summer months)

(Someone had lit a fire in the cast iron fireplace just outside the door)

I woke up the next day to gorgeous spring-like weather. It was 78 degrees, sunny, and not a cloud in the sky. I hadn't packed shorts, but was wishing that I had. It was that hot.

(The view from our room on New Year's Eve day)

We set out to Broadway at the Beach for a bit of shopping and to see the decorations. The Christmas tree behind Ripley's Aquarium was unbelievable. 

(Huge Christmas tree behind Ripley's Aquarium)

(View from across the lake at Broadway)

We made our "mandatory" stop at Fat Tuesday's for a few daiquiris. The Mardi Gras Mash was delish. I sprang the extra buck for an extra shot of rum :)



(Me in front of the tree on the front side of Ripley's Aquarium)

Of course, Myrtle Beach isn't complete without the all you can eat seafood buffet at Benjamin's. We stopped there for the last meal of 2011. It was amazing. 



We returned to the room after dinner to get ready for New Year's Eve celebration. I took this picture with my iphone of the last sunset of 2011. This picture has not been touched. I couldn't believe how it turned out.


Stump and I toasted in the New Year at a hole-in-the-wall bar. There were maybe 10 patrons in the place. That was just what I was looking for... Something simple and quiet.


Happy Belated New Year to all My Friends With Benefits!

4 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you're back!

    I was wondering where you were. You've been greatly missed, girl!

    As always, great photos!

    Love Stumps' shirt!!

    And holy cow....that chicken sandwich with fries looks AMAZING!

    The photos of the Suck Bang Blow reminded me of the bars/restaurants they have in Key West, Florida.

    What a wonderful view from your hotel room - WOW!

    GORGEOUS sunset shot. It turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!!! I cannot believe the exquisite clarity and color!

    Once again, I thank you for sharing a day in the life. I always enjoy reading!

    Happy Monday, my sweet friend!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you had a great time! your pictures are so fun, as always!


    have a great day! if you have a minute, please stop by to enter my two year giveaway! http://howimetyourfatherblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/two-years.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Ron!

    Thanks so much for the warm welcome back. It means a lot that people miss you when you are away. I'm sure that I will be missing several more days posting, but that's life. I'm thankful that I have a good job when so many don't.

    I really do wish you could see Myrtle Beach, although I'm sure that it isn't as nice as the places you talk about in Key West. I haven't made it that far south *yet*, but I will!

    Happy Monday to you too, darling!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, HIMYF!

    Thank you!

    I did read your blog last night... I just haven't taken the time to enter yet. The Marley Lilly Scarf would be a wonderful addition to my collection!

    Good to year from you, and congratulations on TWO YEARS of blogging!

    ReplyDelete