Saturday, December 31, 2011

What A Wonderful Year!



2011 has been one of the best. I have been able to do so many things with so many wonderful people.

I started this blog in March of this year, and I have to tell you that it is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. It makes it so much easier to remember what good times I have had.

The early part of the year was spent mostly around my town. I went to several wine festivals, discovered a forgotten slave cemetery in the city, visited a few historical sites in the area, and spent a lot of time enjoying the company of my friends at great places.

When summer rolled around, I was fortunate enough to be able to attend Greensboro's Summer Solstice, go scuba diving a few times, attend Bike Week in Myrtle Beach, and visit the Outer Banks.

Along came fall and we went to Castle McCulloch's Halloween bash, attended the Bright Leaf Brewfest, and I broke my elbow.

Well, maybe the elbow wasn't one of the better times, but anyway...

I have really had a marvelous year. I can only hope that 2012 brings half as many wonderful opportunities.

Y'all be safe tonight, have a great time, and please don't drink and drive.

~Diane

1 comment:

  1. What a faaaaaaabulously upbeat post about New Years!

    I too enjoyed 2011. It brought me a lot of wonderful growth and insight.

    And I look forward to 2012 as well.

    "I started this blog in March of this year, and I have to tell you that it is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. It makes it so much easier to remember what good times I have had."

    I agree. Isn't blogging the BOMB?

    And thank you for starting this blog because if you hadn't, I would have never met YOU!

    I look forward to sharing 2012 with ya, girl!

    And perhaps even meeting you in person!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    Cheers and much X!

    ReplyDelete