Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What Are You Doing New Year's... New Year's Eve


Stump and I always wait until the last minute to figure out what to do for New Year’s Eve. This year it will be different (I hope). This year, Stump suggested to me that maybe we spend the monumental night at the beach; just something to get us out of town. He suggested that I look around and see what was out there.


I ran across very few things to do that fit out criteria; almost as few as there are out home. What we want is someplace that has a good turn out but not so packed that one can not move. I want a table because I don’t want to be standing for hours and hours in high heels. I want the crowd to be similar in age to us because I don’t want to have to deal with twenty-something drama. I want champagne at midnight and hours devours. Or dinner. Or both. All I know is if I’m drinking I need to have something to nibble.

I look at this list and really don’t see where I am asking entirely too much. Apparently I am. I would think that with all the clubs and restaurants that someone somewhere would have my perfect vision of New Years.

I would love to hear suggestions. They don’t have to be for a beach. That was just an idea. We are in the south central Virginia area and are willing to travel 4-6 hours one way. HELP!!!

What Are You Doing New Year's

 
When the bells all ring

And the horns all blow

And the couples we know

Are fondly kissing

Will I be with you

Or will I be among the missing

Maybe it's much too early in the game

Oh, but I thought I'd ask you just the same.

What are you doing New Year's... New Year's eve?

Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight

When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night?

Welcoming in the New Year... New Year's eve

Maybe I'm crazy to suppose

I'd ever be the one you chose ...

Out of the thousand invitations you'll received ?

But in case I stand one little chance,

Here comes the jackpot question in advance...

What are you doing New Year's... New Year's Eve?

Out of the thousand invitations you'll received ?

Oh, but in case I stand one little chance,

Here comes the jackpot question in advance...

What are you doing New Year's... New Year's Eve?

What are you doing New Year's Eve

4 comments:

  1. I love Stumps suggestion of spending New Years Eve at the beach. I adore the beach during fall and winter months.

    And I sooooo hear you on this......

    "I want the crowd to be similar in age to us because I don’t want to have to deal with twenty-something drama."

    AMEN! Philadelphia is FULL of twenty-something drama at the bars and restaurants because of all our many colleges and universities. That's why I very rarely go out on New Years Eve. I normally (yeah, I know...boring) spend that evening quietly at home, sipping wine and watching the ball drop in Times Square in NYC.

    I'm sure you guys will figure out something faaaaaaaaaaabulous!

    Great poem, girl!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Ron!

    I love his idea as well. I really hate the idea of spending it here in this small town because we are so limited to the places that we can go. It seems that everywhere in this town there is fighting and crazy crowds. I welcome a change.

    Personally I would be great with staying in and watching the ball drop while sipping wine. Stump is more of an adventurer though. He has to be out doing something every night of the week.

    And the poem... isn't my poem. It is actually a Barry Manalow song. I wish I could take the credit for it.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. i commented yesterday, but it's gone! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a bit surprised, Adrienne. Blogger has its quirks and disappearing comments are one of them. At least that one is here... for now.

    ReplyDelete