Thursday, December 22, 2011

Now That I'm Off Work, When Can I Stop Working?

 Today is my last working day of 2011! I begin my vacation at 3:00 today and return to work on January 2, 2012.

Wait... Did I just tell you that I was to begin my vacation? I should probably say that I will be working at home rather than at my place of employment.


I am planning for a house full of family and friends on Saturday evening for dinner and gift exchange. When I say a full house, I am talking a bare minimum of 20 guests.

Twenty or more guests equals a TON of hours devours, a whole turkey plus a turkey breast, a ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, plus all the side veggies, breads, pies, cakes, cookies, and beverages (adult and otherwise).

Christmas Eve at my house is a huge production.

Before I can even begin my cooking, I need to get my house in tip-top shape. Just in case someone decides to look in medicine cabinets, the linen closet, or under the bed (you know you have done it).

Maybe I will be finished with all of the preparations before my guests start showing up on Saturday.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi girl!

    Just wanted to stop by to wish you a VERY Merry Christmas!

    Have a wonderful Christmas eve and day!

    See ya next week!

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete