Friday, November 18, 2011

Taking it Full Throttle

The other night my phone rang. The person on the other end of the phone was looking for my husband and had gotten my number by mistake. I passed the phone over to him and thought nothing much of it. He handed the phone back to me after a few minutes and told me, "He wants to talk to you".

I took the phone back with a confused look on my face. Who would ask for him but want to speak to me? The man on the phone introduced himself. He was Jeff Rash from In Full Throttle, a magazine written by bikers for bikers. It seems that he was looking for someone who had pictures and could possibly write an article about my husband's club, the Scorpions M/C's, Toy Run. My husband had told him that I had blogged it and had also taken pictures. I gave him my blog address and he told me that he would read it and would have his Editor read it as well. I hung up the phone less confused but now anxious.

Wednesday evening when I got home, Jeff called me again. The owner/editor of the magazine, Mark Infield, had read the blog as well and wanted me to contact him. I promptly called him and discussed what he wanted for the article. I went to work immediately.

I used the same basic story as I did in the blog, but changed the personal perspective to be friendlier to a broader audience. I know not everyone who reads Full Throttle cares about my sister's tattoo or what I bought while I was there.

After a few new sentences were put in, a few more taken out, and making sure that all the bands and vendors got their credit, I sent him the revised copy.  On Thursday morning Mark sent me the following:


Thank you for your prompt attention to this. It is just what I needed. Our goal is to get it right and your help makes our job much easier. I do not see any thing that needs to be changed after your revisions. I am going to run with it.

Please give my regards to the club members and let them know that if they need anything from me that I am only a phone call away.

Mark Infield
Editor / Owner
The Carolinas'
Full Throttle Magazine

We are bikers who publish a magazine, not publishers who own motorcycles!
 
 
I am so excited! I realize this isn't National Geographic but this is a very well known magazine in the biker community. My husband has been a subscriber for years. This will be the first time I've actually been published! Yes, I'll take it!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! Can't wait to read your article, btw it's 11/18/2011. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am so excited! I realize this isn't National Geographic but this is a very well known magazine in the biker community. My husband has been a subscriber for years. This will be the first time I've actually been published! Yes, I'll take it"

    OMG.....I'm sooooooooooooo excited FOR you!!!!!!

    You GO, girl!

    *applause*

    And please let us know when your article is published so we can read it, okay?

    Have a super-duper weekend!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete