Monday, November 21, 2011

My Boring, Casual, Fun, Embarrassing, Weekend

On Saturday evening, Bear, Stump, Sage, and I went to see the new Twilight movie, "Breaking Dawn". Of course the 4:00 movie matinee was sold out (we were trying to go to an early movie to avoid crowds), so we went ahead and picked up tickets for the next showing, 5:00.


We wasted a little time before the movie by heading over to Ruby Tuesday for a drink. We met up with Boots and Momma Boots and spent a little time with them before heading back over to the theater.

 (Stump, Momma Boots, and Boots)

 (Sage, me, and Bear)

(I had the signature drink, the Ruby Relaxer)

This drink it STELLAR! Want to make it?
  • 1 ounce coconut rum (Malibu)
  • 1 ounce peach schnapps (Dekyuper)
  • 1 ounce vodka (Skky)
  • 2 ounces pineapple juice
  • 2 ounces cranberry juice
  • 1 orange wedge (optional) 
  • Pour over ice
You're welcome :)

After cocktails, we headed back over to stand in line at the movies. I didn't think Breaking Dawn was quite as good as the other Twilight movies, but it was decent. I'm not spoiling it, so I'll just say that I can't wait for the second part. 
I never read the series, but consider myself a Twilight fan. I'm still "Team Jacob", even though Bear and Sage tell me that in the book, Edward does love Bella more. I'm going by what I've seen on screen, ok? 

After the movie, Stump, Bear, Sage, and I went for a steak and a couple of beers at The Highlander.

We went into the Highlander and took a seat. Stump asks the bartender that he knows if there is a waitress working those tables. She corrects him and says, "There is a waitER working those tables. I'll be sure to let HIM know that you are there".

Sure enough, here comes the HOTTEST waiter I think I have laid eyes on in some time. He had dark brown, flowing, shoulder length hair, and I swear when he smiled his teeth twinkled. Wait.. here's a picture of him:
And yes, he was wielding a sword and wearing armor. It's my fantasy, let me have it, k?

I pretty much say what I think when I'm around my friends. Even when around the husband. No one was shocked when I said "Damn, he is HOT!" when our waiter walked away from our table with our drink order. I continued to make little comments like that to our group when he walked away, careful not to let him hear me. UNTIL...
A cute waitress walked by our table and Bear's eyes began to follow. As she walked into the other room, Bear said, "I think I'd like some dessert". I grinned and said "Me too, I'll have the waiter". I didn't realize that he was standing RIGHT BEHIND ME when I said it! Stump, Bear, and Sage swore he didn't hear me as he was passing behind to the drink station. I had turned red and become flush. I could feel myself getting hotter and hotter from embarrassment. "He didn't hear you", repeated my husband. The waiter returned to our table and asked if I was finished with my plate. "Yes, thank you", I told him. He cleared them away.

At this time Bear pipes up and says, "I think she wants some dessert". I could have crawled UNDER the table. "Would you like a dessert menu?" the waiter asked me. "No, thank you, I'm fine" I assured him. He disappeared into the kitchen.

Bear is busting a gut laughing at me right now, and I can't stand the predicament I'm in, still SURE that he heard the dessert comment I made. I grabbed my purse, tucked my head, and told my party "I have to get out of here". I headed to the car.

I made it to my car, sat down and lit a cigarette, and started laughing so hard I could barely breathe. 

Sage, Bear, and Stump emerged a few minutes later from the restaurant. Still laughing. "He brought a dessert menu out for you", my husband teased. "We tried to get him to stand on it".

It will be a VERY long time before I set foot in Highlander again.

LOVE my friends.














7 comments:

  1. I got to go to the Highlander!! XD! and see Breaking Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One has to wonder... Did you get the hotttt waiter? I know better than to ask if you embarrassed yourself if you did. Some folks have no shame!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOW THAT WAS FUNNY!! I WOULD HAVE BROUGHT HIM OUT TO THE CAR AND TOLD YOU WE GOT YOUR DESERT TO GO: HAHAHAHA....

    ReplyDelete
  4. "At this time Bear pipes up and says, "I think she wants some dessert". I could have crawled UNDER the table. "Would you like a dessert menu?"

    Bwhahahahahahaha! OMG, how HILARIOUS!

    And I gotta tell ya, girl....you've got great taste. He (judging from that photo) definitely sounds like a hottie!

    *wink*

    A good blogging friend of my just saw Breaking Dawn and said the same thing as you. Decent, but not great.

    Have a FAB Monday and week!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, Harleyva!

    Ya know, that is exactly why you weren't with us!

    Love ya hon!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Ron!

    Believe it or not, that picture I posted looked almost identical to the real waiter. *swoon*

    I'm hearing a lot of mixed reviews on Breaking Dawn. My problem with it was that they spent too much time on the honeymoon scenes. I hear it follows the book pretty closely though.

    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you stop by Autozone and get that mess checked out! we do it for free ya know!!!

    ReplyDelete