Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Countdown Begins

 
Today is the second of November and the Holidays will be on us before we even know it. Have any of you even started to prepare for the coming weeks? I can honestly say that I haven't yet, but that will change beginning today. I am planning on using the Holiday Cruising Missions from the FlyLady website.


Fly Lady, also known as Marla Cilley, has created a tried and true system of housekeeping. Her site is based on the slogan "You can do anything for fifteen minutes". I adopted Fly Lady's system a few years ago, and I can tell you that it DOES work. I fell off the bandwagon lately though, and as of now I am living in CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome). But you know what? That's O.K. I'm still a flybaby, and that's what we do. We take baby steps!

I am two weeks behind getting on board with the Holiday Cruising Missions, but what is so great about her system is that she tells you herself, "You are not behind. Just jump in where you are, O.K?". I will be beginning day 13 of Cruising today.

Take a look at yesterday's assignment!




These cruising missions are designed to take only around fifteen minutes each day. By the time the holidays roll around, you will be in pretty good shape.

I encourage you to take a look at flylady.net and to at least attempt her Holiday Cruising Missions! These helped me tremendously last year and I can't see myself making it through this year without her!

Time to go "shine my sink"...

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this!

    WOW! What a GREAT idea! I've never heard of Holiday Cruising Missions before!?!

    And no...I haven't even begun to plan or even think about the coming weeks. But before we know it, it'll be here and then I'll be flippin' out because I'm trying to do everything at the last minute.

    "I am living in CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome)."

    HA! I LOVE that!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this very cool idea!

    Hey, and by the way, I LOVE your new photograph of YOU on your sidebar.

    Such a pretty lady you are!

    Hope you had a super day!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Ron!

    FlyLady's Cruising Missions are WONDERFUL! She covers everything from budget to menu to gift lists... and ensures your presents aren't sitting amid dust bunnies! She is the bomb!

    Hope you are having a great week so far!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning!

    Enjoyed reading about FlyLady's Cruising Missions. We tend to wait till 2 to 4 hours before store closes on Dec 24th!!

    Bad habit of ours. We need to change this and plan ahead for the holidays.

    It has be hard on me with my work in Washington DC and communte 6 hours each way every 2 weeks and Freddie works odd hours.

    Good blog tho. Hope to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Deb!

    You wait until 20 to 4 hourse before the store closes on Dec. 24th??? Ohmydamn. I would be a nervous wreck! Try FlyLady for a couple of days. You'll love it!

    I can't imagine the commute to and from work for you. I hate the 20 minutes it takes me to get to work myself. Here's an idea... put Freddie on the Fly plan! (I hope he isn't reading this. lol)

    I can't wait til Saturday to see you guys!

    (((huggs)))

    d.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely definitely (a la Rain Main) gonna follow flylady!! Like you, my house is in CHAOS and I need all the help I can get! 15 minutes a day fits perfectly in my schedule considering when I leave my house in the mornings (around 6:30), I don't return for 12-13 hours. Having a 3 year-old just adds to the CHAOS...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning, Sasa!

    This system so totally works! And what is great, she gives you the freedom not to beat yourself up when things aren't done "perfectly", or even not done at all sometimes. Try it, girl! Life is so much easier!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete