Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bright Leaf Brewfest 2011 Danville, Virginia

I had absolutely no plans for last Saturday but to sit at home, watch a few movies, and just relax. I rarely get to stay home and veg out on the couch, so this would be a welcome change. When I got up on Saturday morning and walked outside, I changed my mind. The sky was so bright and blue, the temperature was perfect, and there was the slightest of a breeze blowing. It. Was. Beautiful. I couldn't waste such a perfect November day, so I sent my friend, Bear, a text asking if he had plans and if he would attend the Bright Leaf Brewfest with me.

2011 marked the fourth annual Bright Leaf Brew Fest in Danville, VA. Although it has been going on for several years, I have never been.
The brewfest is held at the Community Market in downtown Danville, Virginia. Tickets were $19 each if you bought them ahead of time or $25 each at the door. VIP tickets could also be purchased at $45 each.

Our $25 dollar tickets got us a phamplet and a 3 oz beer tasting glass each. Inside the glass were 9 perforated tickets that would be given to the vendors to sample their beer. Once the tickets ran out, you could buy more.

After filling our glasses, Bear and I walked around a bit to see what there was to see.

There were quite a few breweries represented. All had tables decorated and multiple beers to sample.


There were also two bands playing at all times, one on one side of the Community Market, and another on the other side. Music ranged from rock to bluegrass.


Bear enjoying a Winter Blackberry Beer

Of course, I always run into friends whenever I go out....

Rick and Donna


Boots, Kim, and Jeff

Fireman Tim

I have no clue who this guy is, but I LOVED his hat and tee

Christy and Glenn

Jessica and Matt

Me and Bear

Sandy and me

Me and Billy
Donna and Me

Love Bears eyes in this one

Hilton

Crystal

The breweries were creatvie in the way they displayed their bottles

I loved this fall display

But the tasting is what we were there for

Hornsby's Apple Cider Beer - Delish

There were also other vendors of foods, jewelry, tobacco, and other goods


But the best things there were the friends...

and the beer

4 comments:

  1. Oooooo....this looked like so much FUN!!!!!

    LOVED the photo of the guy with the hat and t-shirt. What a HOOT! Also, the expression on Hiltons face - HA!

    "Hornsby's Apple Cider Beer - Delish"

    OMG...that sounds soooo delish!

    Thanks so much for sharing your day with us, girl!

    Enjoyed!

    Happy Wednesday!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beer! I had to work though! Happy Hump Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ron!

    The Brewfest was a BLAST! Nothing in the world like good friends, good food, and good beer!

    You have just got to try the Hornsby's Apple Cider. You would LOVE it!

    Hope your week is going well!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Adrienne!

    Wish you could have gone with us. We had a great time. You gotta start getting a better schedule when stuff like this is going on!

    -Sis

    ReplyDelete