Friday, October 21, 2011

More From Labor Day Weekend

When I last left you guys, we had taken Bear to the Bowery. He was in a bit of culture shock to say the least. In an effort to make him more comfortable, we left the Bowery and headed North on Ocean Boulevard to see what else we could get into.

We walked along the Boardwalk. Things have really changed over the years. The buildings are the same, but the businesses have changed. I miss "old" Myrtle Beach.

 (Coffee House on the Boardwalk)

 (The Oceanfront Bar & Grill)

 (The new air conditioned ferris wheel)

 (One of the walk-up eateries)

 (Bear standing on the Boardwalk, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean)

 (Husband, Stump on the Boardwalk)

 (Stump and I pretend to like each other)

 (All lit up)

There was a band playing on the ocean as we walked up. I don't know who they were, but they sounded pretty good!
 (Unknown band playing tunage on the beach)

 (The sound man making sure everything sounded just right)

We finally reached our destination, the Beach House, on Ocean Boulevard. Here, Bear would find a more comfortable atmosphere, including his own type of music and drinks other than unknown beer.

 (The Beach House, Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach)

 (Bear looks a little happier here, doesn't he?)

Oh, wait... Do you see what the sign says???? I happened to see this as I was taking this picture of Bear. Let me blow this up for you a bit...



We ordered vodka drinks. Bear and I had vodka, orange, and pineapple juice. Delish. And a huge bargain at only $3 each! I had already ordered a Bud Light when I found out about the drink specials. Said Bud Light did not go to waste. I was sure to finish both the beer and the vodka before ordering another vodka.

 ($3 vodka drinks can't be beat)

We had our fill of fun and fluids for the evening, and were getting ready to walk back. That is when I spotted this sign.


Looks like the folks on the sign were having almost as good a time as we were!

2 comments:

  1. "Things have really changed over the years. The buildings are the same, but the businesses have changed. I miss "old" Myrtle Beach."

    I soooo know what you mean, because I also see that same thing here :(

    AWESOME photographs! And I love how they're shot at nighttime. I ADORE night photography!

    "And a huge bargain at only $3 each!"

    *gasping*

    That's AMAZING! Here, a glass of wine (half-full) in a resturant, is $12.00!

    "Looks like the folks on the sign were having almost as good a time as we were!"

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! Hilarious!!!!!

    Have a fantabulous weekend, girl!

    XOXO

    P.S. you and Stump make such a great-looking couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear LORD! $12 for a half filled glass of wine? I don't think I could survive there for long as much as I love my wine. What I buy in the grocery store is less than $10 for a whole bottle, and no more than $4 in a restraunt.

    Thanks, Ron. Stump and I have done OK together the past 17 years.

    Hope your weekend is the BEST!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete