Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Safety First

I am one of those people who have been known to trip over the painted lines in the parking lot. Yesterday it wasn’t a painted line.


While at work and talking to one of the managers, I was standing with my back toward two blaze orange traffic cones. When our conversation ended, I turned around, took one step, and fell face first over both of these “safety devices”.

The x-ray to follow would reveal a fractured radial head in my right elbow. I am now in a sling and typing with one hand.


The Safety Manager, understanding my plight, was kind enough to email this warning to me:

Caution traffic cones ahead! It has been reported that these little devils have been known to run out in front of you without any regard to your safety. Please take note of this warning and use caution when in the area of any traffic cones. They may look safe but there NOT.
My Best Regards

Paul Xxxxx

Environmental, Health & Safety Manager

______________________________________________________________________________________

Xxxxxxx Danville LLC

XxxXX Drive

Ringgold, VA 24586

USA

Thank you, Paul, for watching out for me!

2 comments:

  1. "I am one of those people who have been known to trip over the painted lines in the parking lot."

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE how you said that! Yup...I'm the same way too! Sometimes I have about as much walking grace as a bull in a china shop. I can be so clumsy at times!!!!

    "The x-ray to follow would reveal a fractured radial head in my right elbow. I am now in a sling and typing with one hand."

    YIKES! Hope you're not in any pain.

    And I'm amazed that The Saftey Manager actually emailed you...

    "Caution traffic cones ahead! It has been reported that these little devils have been known to run out in front of you without any regard to your safety. Please take note of this warning and use caution when in the area of any traffic cones. They may look safe but there NOT."

    How funny! You GO, Paul!

    Take care, girl. Hope your elbow heals quickly!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Visiting from Ron's page.
    Sorry to hear about your elbow. Hope it heals fast and well.

    ReplyDelete