Thursday, September 8, 2011

O'Keefe's Irish Pub Murrell's Inlet, SC


If you don't ask me what day we went, I promise not to pretend I know. While on vacation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Stump, Bear, Scott, and I made our mandatory stop at O'Keefe's Irish Pub. We don't visit Myrtle Beach without eating at least once at this place. I have yet to order something that I didn't like from these guys. The food is that amazing.

I've taken the following description of O'Keefe's directly from their website:

"O'Keefe's Irish Pub... Irelands most famous Pub, was created in 1919 by Pappy O'Keefe in Dublin, Ireland. Now his Great Grandson, Rick O'Keefe is bringing that Irish touch to Murrell's Inlet in Myrtle Beach, SC featuring all the Irish favorites and Food & Drink a plenty!"

Stump and I outside of O'Keefe's Irish Pub

Stump, Bear, and Scott

Scott and me

Bear ordered this fabulous drink, the Irish Trash Can:
Rum, Vodka, Gin, Triple Sec, Blue Curacao, and Red Bull. The waiter warned Bear to drink from the straw and NOT to remove the can from the glass - or it would overflow. Cool!

Great taste - Very potent

Stump ordered the Deluxe Club

Bear and I had the Jack Daniels Burger - Oh. My. God.

We ate, drank, and played lots of tunage by Flogging Molly. One has to have Irish music in an Irish pub.

As I said, I have yet to sample anything that wasn't delicious from O'Keefe's. I have to admit that I have not yet tried the 7 Course Irish Dinner, which consists of "6 domestic beers and one boiled potato".
How bad can anyone mess that up though?

Y'all check out O'Keefe's if you're in the area. You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. Faaaaaaaaaabulous and fun photos as usual!

    You guys always look like you're having the BEST time!

    "Bear ordered this fabulous drink, the Irish Trash Can:
    Rum, Vodka, Gin, Triple Sec, Blue Curacao, and Red Bull."

    WOW...I got drunk just READING that!!!

    And please tell Stump I said two thumbs up on his Deluxe CLub. That's my all-time favorite sandwich!

    But hey, the Jack Daniels Burger looks awesome too! Oh. My. God. is right!

    I have an Irish Pub close to my apartment called McGillans, and they serve the BEST burgers and fries.

    Have a great day, girl!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Ron!

    We did have a great time (as usual). I'm always happiest when I'm surrounded by my friends.

    The Irish Trash Can is more drink than I think I could handle on my own. Bear, however, had no problems. He did have a little help though. I took a sip :)

    I swear I'm going to have to make my way up into your neck of the woods. I could blog a McGillans burger. It seems you guys have so much better places to go!

    Hope your week has been amazing!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete