Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jake's on Main, Danville, Virginia

On Friday after work, I met Stump and Bear at a new restaurant, Jake's on Main, in Danville, Virginia. The restaurant is located in downtown Danville right next to the Main Street Bridge and opens at 4:00 PM. They offer a full bar as well as culinary masterpieces.


I get off of work fairly early, (3:00 PM), and Stump and I got to the restaurant just as they were opening. This afforded me the opportunity to take pictures of the beautiful space before it filled up. The color scheme was gray and black with silver accents. Very classic!

The bar at Jake's on Main - I love the silver accents!

There is even a loft area upstairs for diners

The menus were silver - and gorgeous

Such a wonderful menu to chose from. Not typical for Danville.

While Stump and I waited for Bear to get off work, we ordered an appetizer. We ordered the Grilled Portabella Mushroom Filled with Shrimp and Crab Imperial. To. Die. For. I am still craving this masterpiece as I write this post!

Grilled Portabella Mushroom Filled with Shrimp and Crab Imperial

It only took a little while for the restaurant to fill to capacity. After ordering, I could understand why!



Bear finally arrived around 5:30. We contemplated what to order. There were many choices.

Bear studying the menu

Stump deciding what to order

When our food came out, we were not disappointed. Stump and I ordered the Drunk and Dirty Tenderloin with Bourbon Au Jus

Filet Mignon slices in a Bourbon Marinade

 Bear ordered the Grilled Giant Portablla "Burger" with roasted red peppers, Havarti cheese & rosemary

Grilled Giant Portablla "Burger"

The food was amazing, the atmosphere, classic. The fellowship with friends couldn't be beat.

If you haven't tried Jake's on Main, I highly recommend this place. You will not be disappointed.

Visit their website HERE for more pictures of the culinary creations that are offered.

2 comments:

  1. OMG...Danville looks like such a faaaaaaaaaabulous little town - artsy and cozy!

    And the interior shots of that bar are awesome - LOVE the menu graphic with the martini glass!

    And the food? My mouth is watering just from looking at your photos! I think if I'd have been there I would have ordered what Bear ordered. I LOVE me a good burger!

    "The food was amazing, the atmosphere, classic. The fellowship with friends couldn't be beat."

    Sound like a GREAT time!

    I love reading how you cherish your friendships. Isn't it a blessing to have GOOD friends?

    Have a terrific Tuesday, girl!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Ron!

    Yes, Danville does have her small town charm. I like living here sometimes, but I still crave the big city.

    The food was some of the best I have had in the area. I'll definately be going back. I loved the atmosphere too.

    As for those friendships, I do cherish mine. You are one of those that I cherish as well. Yes, I know we only know each other online and from blogs, but you make my day!

    (((Huggs)))

    ReplyDelete