Monday, August 15, 2011

Dinner at "The Dive Food and Spirits, Carolina Beach, NC

 After our arrival in Carolina Beach, NC on Thursday, we spent a bit of time cooling off in the pool and in the ocean (see yesterday's post). Of course, all the driving and swimming will work up an appetite, so after showers and clean clothes, we made our way down the strip toward the bars and restaurants





I'm sure most of you already know that Stump and I are divers. We couldn't resist this themed bar and grill called "The Dive Food & Spirits". The sign seemed to beckon us home. We popped in to see what wonderful delights were on their menu. 


 They had lots of old dive gear in the windows as well as inside the building. I went a little nuts taking pictures of all the fun equipment.


 Harold and Ken at the table
 I absolutely adore their menus

 This is one ancient wetsuit






 The decorators of this place spared no detail. Even the floors had fossil - like carvings of sea life in the stone.




 The food was so good. We started with an appetizer of spicy fried mushrooms

 Stump and I at the table before eating dinner

 Harold's Mahi-Mahi and onion rings

 I had grilled shrimp with Mahi-Mahi fingers and home made chips

 Ken ordered this delicious cheese steak and salad

 Stump had a shrimp wrap with chips

Stump with our waitress

The food at The Dive in Carolina Beach is To. Die. For. If you are in the area and happen to be walking by the building, pop in and have a seat. Order something off the menu. I promise you won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I wish you could see how much my mouth is watering whilst looking at these photos of the FOOD!!!!

    OMG...to DIE FOR is right! I could eat those chips until they come out of my ears!

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photo of the HOT DOG - how cute!

    I also love how this restaurant is decorated with all the diving stuff. Great atmosphere!

    Once again, thank you for sharing, girl! Enjoyed it!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ron!

    That food was the absolute best! The grilled shrimp had a flavor that would send you straight to heaven.

    The hot dog photo? Ohhh if you only knew the rest of the story. One of the pictures didn't make it on the blog. It couldn't get past the censors. I may have to share it with you personally.

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete