Friday, August 5, 2011

Clarksville for the Weekend

Last Saturday, Stump and I were headed to Clarksville, Virginia to grab a room with a pool and a view. I posted that story yesterday.  Before we made it to the room, we walked down Main Street, Clarksville. This town is very small, but big on scenery, and history. The below picture was taken on Main Street, Clarksville on Saturday at around noon. Note the high traffic volume.

Main Street Clarksville


Old Bank from the 1800s
View of bridge crossing Buggs Island Lake (Kerr Lake)




Newspaper in the window of the antique shop

There are many, many antique and thrift shops in the area. Stump and I walked through The Market Antiques. This was a fun little shop with so many great things. I wanted to spend much much more than I could have afforded. We were in a bit of a hurry, so this is the only antique shop that I visited on this trip. I will be making a special road trip to Clarksville VERY soon just for the antiquing.

I did come away from our little walk down Main with two tea cups and saucers. I will share those photos in another post.

Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What an ADORABLE little town!!!!

    And it's spotlessly clean!

    It reminds me of the town Mayberry R.F.D.

    It's funny because even though I chose to live in a city, there is a part of me that enjoys small-town living too. I'm one of those people who can just as easily enjoy the country as I can the city. In fact, I often need to get out of the city and surround myself with nature to feel balanced.

    Great photos! I love all the little privately owned shops. And that newspaper of the Titanic in the window must be worth a FORTUNE! I have such affinity for the Titanic.

    Thanks for sharing your day, girl! I love these posts because they take me away to another part of the world and I learn something.

    Have a fantabulous weekend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron,

    Happy Friday, honey!

    The town is just as cute as it could be. I don't think I could stand living there though. I'm not from a big city myself, but Danville is huge in comparison to Clarksville.

    Those privately owned shops are one of the things that make my heart race. Places like that have items that you never see anywhere else in the world. The charm of a small store like that gets me ever time.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete