Monday, August 15, 2011

Carolina Beach, NC With Ken and Harold

Happy Monday, everyone! First I would like to apologize for my unexplained absence last week. I had a pretty rough time with some medical stuff and didn't really do anything but work and sit at home. There is no fun reading about that, right? I do plan on making up for last week with a great series on the trip Stump and I took with two great old friends of ours, Harold and Ken.

I can't tell you exactly how long ago I met Ken and Harold, but counting back the time that I worked here and there, went to school, and this and that, it was a minimum of 13 years ago. Gosh, time sure can fly!

I took a couple of vacation days and Stump, Harold, Ken, and I left for Carolina Beach, NC on Thursday. We arrived after about a four hour drive and a stop at a barbecue stand to find our room waiting for us to come and unwind.

 Stump having a beer in the living room
 Meet Harold - Donning his Nautica swim trunks for a walk to the pool
Let me introduce you to Ken - also pool-ready
 A view of the crossover from our room
Looking from the balcony over to the pool area
 Harold and Stump cool off after the drive down
 View of our hotel from the pool
Harold and Ken relaxing on the pool chairs
Ken kicked back  

We moved from the pool to the ocean to play around in the waves.
 Ken emerging from the ocean
 I made poor stump pose like this - He's a good sport
Stump enjoys a can of contraband on the beach

Ken "chillaxin" in his beach chair

Harold enjoys the sun, sand and a smoke

Toes in the sand

Harold and Ken on the balcony

Harold and I relax after a tiring day in the water

I will be posting again tomorrow about more of the things we did while in Carolina Beach! See you guys then!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

    I was soooooooooooooooo happy to see that you had posted today because I missed ya last week, girl!

    Yeah, you and I seemed to have had the same last week. Isn't medical stuff fun? NOT!

    AWESOME photos! Everytime I view pics of your and your friend hanging out together, I can feel the enjoyment your having. Harold and Ken look like great guys. And fun!

    The view from your hotel room is faaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous!

    Looking forward to reading more about your trip tomorrow. Have a wonderful day, my friend!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ron!

    I missed you last week too! Its so good to be back!

    It seems we both went through hell last week. I'm glad it's over and hope that it only gets better from here.

    Thanks for the photo compliment. I do have some of the greatest friends anyone could ever ask for. Harold and Ken are some of my best. We had an amazing time.

    Will see you again tomorrow, Ron!

    Have a fantabulous day!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete