Monday, July 25, 2011

Payback's a Bitch


In the southern Virginia area, we have our share of afternoon thunderstorms during the summer months. It is pretty much a given that every evening we will have a little thunder and lightening pass our way. Yesterday evening was no exception.

Around 4:30, I started working on dinner. Stump had to leave for work at 6:30, so that gave me plenty of time to have everything ready when he woke up at 5:00 last night. I was making fried fish, baked beans, corn on the cob, and french fries. All seemed to be going well.

Until the thunderstorm.

Just as the food was about half way cooked, our power went out. It stayed out for HOURS. Stump went on to work saying that he would pick something up on his way in. I actually felt sorry for the poor guy, having to eat McDonald's or Hardee's for dinner.

He called me from work around 8:00 last night asking if the power had come back on. I reported to him that it had. When I asked if he got something to eat, his reply was, "Oh yeah. I had Mayflower"!

WHAT??? REALLY??? I'm stuck at home eating what I could salvage of the fish (which by the way wasn't good now) and half - done corn on the cob. HE goes into the city and buys the best fish dinner that Danville has to offer... while I feel sorry for him thinking he had McDonald's.

Payback's a bitch, Stump...

4 comments:

  1. Stump should've taken you to Mayflower for dinner. Kick his butt for not ask you to join him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, you know me... and you know that I will get him. It just has to be a humorous enough payback to bost on the blog!

    Love you girl!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....first of all, I can't believe the TWO of us mentioned something about "payback's a bitch" on our posts today!!!!

    How ironic!

    "Just as the food was about half way cooked, our power went out. It stayed out for HOURS."

    Aw...shucks!!!

    "HE goes into the city and buys the best fish dinner that Danville has to offer... while I feel sorry for him thinking he had McDonald's.

    Payback's a bitch, Stump..."

    BWhahahahahahahahahaaha! Brava....you tell him! Payback's a bitch!

    Hey, your meal creation sounded DELISH!

    Have a MARVI Monday, girl!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ron - I have no trouble at all believing that both our posts had something to do with payback being a bitch. I've always known that great minds think alike!

    I'm sure the meal creating would have been amazing, given it had time to cook. The actual results were... well... not so good.

    I'm going to have to get creative on this one. I'm tossing around the idea of re-heating what didn't get cooked last night for him and picking up a steak for myself on my way home.

    Great hearing from you, Ron!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete