Thursday, July 7, 2011

Not Your Typical Fourth of July Fireworks

Stump and I went with Bear to see his family on Grave's Mountain in Syria, VA. We pulled in on Saturday afternoon and Stump, Nathan, and I set up camp. If you haven't yet read about Nathan, please go HERE. It is worth the read!

Moving a picnic table to a better location on the property

There's that eyebrow of Bear's again...

Stump is actually smiling!

Bear's friends and family catching up

Nathan is always the help. Here he is stocking a cooler for his dad.

We had wonderful food, drink, and company. Burgers, Brats, and Hot Dogs, OH MY!

The younger folks migrated to another table.

Stump kicking back in Bear's "Throne"

As I mentioned, Stump and I camped out. Not in a camper, mind you, but in this...

After we went to bed, we got a lot of this...
(One bolt actually struck really close to the tent. It felt like an earthquake)


And even more of this...

And the wind was so bad, I was imagining one of these...

I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about this...

Obviously, Stump and I lived through the storm. I've never been afraid of thunderstorms. As a child, my cousins and I used to "porch sit" and watch them in the summer at my grandparent's house. I have to admit this is one of the times that I will remember being scared out of my wits!

I prefer the old fashioned fireworks.

2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL photos! Loved the one of the lightening - WOW!!!!!

    Being from Florida, I've lived through many a storm. So like you, I've never really been afraid of them. Yet, I have to agree....there have been a few that I scared me out of my wits.

    I clicked to enlarge the photo of the burgers on the grill. Yummy...they looked delicious! I love me some good burgers!

    Glad you had a great 4th!

    Btw.... I LOVE your new blog header. It's faaaaaaaabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, that was one crazy storm. When that lightening bolt hit so close to the tent I jumped almost into the roof of the tent!

    Those burgers were amazing, but the brats were better IMO :P

    Thanks for the compliment on the blog header. I'm still playing with things and it still may change again. I know I'm a new blogger, but I want mine to look as professional as the older bloggers'.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete