Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Festival in the Park 2011

I just realized that this year I will be in town during Danville's Festival in the Park. The Festival usually coincides with Myrtle Beach Bike Week, and for the past fifteen or more years, I have only been able to go to the last hour or two on that Sunday. This year, however, I plan on being there. I had so much fun going there as a teenager and a young adult, and have honestly missed it. I had always wished that the two events were on different weekeds. I guess I get my wish this time!



Festival in the Park is held at Ballou Park, a 97 acre shaded retreat, located on West Main Street and Park Avenue in southside Danville, VA. The festival first started back in 1974, and was intended to be a picnic in the park to celebrate spring's arrival. It has grown many times over, and now boasts more than 100 arts and crafts vendors who travel to Danville from all over the United States, as well as several local bands, a barbeque contest, and the annual Nestle 5K Run/Walk/Wheelchair.

If you are looking for something fun and relaxing to do this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, come on out and visit. I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment