Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Lunch With the Family

My family had their cookout for Easter on Monday this year. We ate at my mother's and were joined by my dad, son, sister, nephew, aunt, and uncle. There was tons of mom's home-made fried chicken with all the fixin's (southern eating at it's peak).
(I've always loved my mom's fried chicken. KFC has nothing on her)

I'd like to introduce you to my family, if I may:

My nephew, Layne, entertains himself while waiting on guests to arrive. He also insisted that my mother make a sign to put on the door to his room to keep said guests out. (He's too cute.)


(My aunt, Mickey with my son, Brandon. She couldn't believe how tall he had gotten)

(My baby sister, Adrienne, playing Cityville on Facebook-Her natural habitat.)
(My uncle, Philip)
(Dearest Dad)

(Mommy Dearest - yes, intentional. One of mine and my sister's evil terms of endearment to her).

The husband had to work Monday, so he didn't get to join in the lunch with the family. I did, however, bring home a huge plate of chicken, green beans, potatoes, corn bread, and my sister's eclair pie for him. He didn't complain.

It was wonderful to spend Monday afternoon with the family. I can't wait until we get to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this Easter Lunch with family looks fantastic. At domestic Los Angeles venues we also hosted a BBQ Easter party and it was also fabulous. Easter themed handmade crafts had been used for decorations and those were looking epic. The bash was completely joyful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Mark. Sounds like you had a great time as well! Happy upcoming Easter!

      Delete